Tuesday, April 5, 2011

German countryside


6" x 6" oil on canvas board

This is my yesterday's daily painting.  Because of the storms that rolled through,  it was so dark by late afternoon that I couldn't get a good copy in natural light, which is the ideal for photographing these.   The glare of morning light has sort of washed out the right side of the canvas but this is my entry for the latest daily paintworks challenge.   Two photos of German roads were submitted to the challenge and we selected the one we wanted to paint.  I selected this one because I liked the shadows in it.   You won't see too many landscapes posted here because they are the ones that give me the most "fits"!   Hopefully I will have another painting completed by this afternoon and can post it since this is Monday's painting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment