Thursday, April 7, 2011

After Rehearsals


11" x 14" oil on stretched canvas

Today has been a busy one so I'm posting a painting I completed today but started earlier.  Jackson hosts the International Ballet Competition and the last one was last year.  The rehearsals are on the Belhaven College campus and I parked in the parking lot there one afternoon to try to get some candid photos of the dancers.  I feel like a stalker at times with my camera but I really enjoy figurative painting and it's about the only way you can get truly candid shots.    If people see you, they either stop and pose or look disgusted and go the other way.  I would probably do the same thing myself with a stranger trying to take my picture.  If you ask to take the picture, they also pose.  Oh well, so I try to sneak in a few shots here and there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment