Monday, April 30, 2012

Fill Her Up!


5 x 7 oil on stretched canvas - SOLD

After several days of not painting, I was itching to finish this one today.  I started it last week then went out of town.  I really prefer to paint wet into wet but just couldn't do that this time.  The reference photo for this was taken at a local gas station.  The man was filling his tank with gas and I asked if I could take a picture of his car.  I wish I had asked him what kind of car it was....i.t looked brand, spanking new it was so shiny but the style is old???   The highlights on it were bright white because it was around a white canopy at the service station and the car itself was so shiny it reflected the white sharply.  I had to quit adding all those highlights as I didn't want it to look overworked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment