Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Boys Night Out


16 x 20 oil on canvas

I was able to use my desktop today - just a fluke I'm sure.  It's down more than it is up these days!!!???  This is a painting of mine that was chosen for the Cedars Juried Art Show this fall.   I just love doing my figurative and am thrilled when others appreciate them too.  Most people gravitate toward still life and landscape paintings which I just don't really like to do very much.  I'm beginning to get back into my papier mache figures that I did many years ago but that I also enjoy very much.
If I'm successful and my computer works, I'll post some.  I want our people in the Heartworks program at Stewpot to be able to make them but I need to work out a few kinks beforehand otherwise it gets REAL messy!  Stewpot is a faith based community service organization that benefits the homeless and disadvantaged people in the Jackson area.  We do art projects with them each Tuesday and it is so enriching to my life and so many others.   I've met some wonderful, loving people I might have never known and consider them my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment