Tuesday, January 15, 2013

People Practice


11  x 14 oil on stretched canvas

Actually this painting looks better viewed from across the room or at least 10 feet away.  I am always drawn to scenes with people in them and there is nothing I enjoy more than "people watching" - mannerisms, dress, etc.   I was attracted to this snapshot I took in Savannah, Georgia of art students out sketching on one of the squares.  There were about 20 students and I edited many out of this.  Unfortunately, the one in the dead center had his face in full shade and I painted, wiped off and painted again in an attempt to make it look ok but I'm not happy with it.  Actually the photo was taken from a distance and zoomed in and I lose a lot of detail when I zoom in on my camera.  It was good practice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment