Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pres' Shoes


6 x 6 oil on canvas panel

Our painting group finally got back together today after the holidays.  It was great to see them.  There are 8 of us but only 6 were able to be there today.    Everyone was basically starting a new painting.   It's fun to see what each is working on - some prefer landscapes, others flowers, then others more contemporary styles.   I had started this one over the weekend and finished today with highlights, etc.  These are my grandson's bebops.  My son used to wear these when he was 2 or 3 with little white knee socks.   I painted them for a children's store here that sells my art.

I had to re-paint my Cardinal I.  I dropped it in the dirt and had grit in the background so decided to change it some - I think I like it better than the plain green I used before but the photo isn't as clear.   Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment