Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hand Study


 6 x 6 oil on canvas panel

I realize that there is not a big market for paintings of a hand however hands are a HUGE challenge for me so I thought I needed to work on one (I was overwhelmed by the thought of painting two).   I asked my patient husband (Blitz) to model for me one night when he was enjoying a glass of wine.   This was a difficult study for me because they are so hard to do - keeping the fingers from looking like little fat sausages.  Hands and fingers have so many joints and bones and it's tough to make them believable looking - but here is my attempt.

1 comment:

  1. This really great. You do really nice hands,and actually I do think there is a market for "hands"!
    Thank you for checking my blog, too. I am also new to blogging. And it is a big responsibility to try to do it everyday! I am down to Monday,Wednesday,Friday, although I usually paint,M<W<Thurs. and one day on the weekend. I look forward to your continued success.

    ReplyDelete