Friday, January 6, 2012

Pink Peep Toes


5 x 7 oil on canvas panel

I've been working on these peep toe pumps today.  Someone saw my red heels and wanted them in pink.  Tough time trying to have enough highlights and not washed out color in the pink ones from my photo - the photo just didn't have enough contrast!  Anyway, hopefully they will like them.  I dropped them on the porch while I was trying to photograph them, that is something I do a lot.  :(   They now have a little grit on them but I can just brush it off when it dries.  I try to prop the painting up straight to get a straight-on shot and the paintings tend to fall forward flat on the front porch.   Hopefully I can come up with a better method but the easel method doesn't work for me either because it slants backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment